book review

Unravel

9/27/2015




Title: 
Unravel

Author: 
Calia Read

★★☆☆
3 out of 5 stars


Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine. 

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward. 

Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind. 

Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help. 

A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past.

And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me. 

Do you believe me?

The cover sold me the book, but after reading this all I can say is I am very disappointed. 


Let me explain myself, I read this book thinking it was going to have a weird and unexpected story, yet when I got to page 96 (less than half way through) I knew exactly where the story was going (and not just me, many other readers too); I kept reading, forcing myself not to skip forward, just to find out I was right and so I wasn't surprised but confused.


I personally think there are some elements that needed to be explained further, you could tell there were a lot of inconsistencies throughout the book once the plot twist was revealed; some scenes just didn't make sense any more and didn't bring my reader's needs any closure. I understand this is supposed to be a psychological thriller, I do, but in my opinion the big revelation only left plot holes. 


That cover though.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post