book review

Shatter Me

9/27/2015




Title: 
Shatter Me

Author: 
Tahereh Mafi


★★☆☆☆
2 out of 5 stars


No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.

But Juliette has plans on her own.


After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.


I did not hate this book, even though I should have. I like the writing style for the most part though at times I felt some of the metaphors were a little bit "extravagant", not to mention the way the strikethroughs were over done made me feel as if the character had a multiple personality disorder.

But my two main issues with Shatter Me were:

1. Juliette, the main character, a monster teenage girl with a tough childhood, rejected by society and locked away (200+ days living under some of the most depriving circumstances yet still looking super hot ) due to her strange and very powerful curse gift. She is emotionally damaged and overall weak due to what she has been put through, but she whines, she whines A LOT, and that made it so hard for me to get to like her at all, and she being the top insecure doesn't help either.

2. The lust disguised as flourishing romance. Seriously, the force of the teenage hormones were strong with this one; but to be honest the over the top hormones weren't such a problem but the insta-love was, there was no romance, just a poorly built relationship between the main character and her love interest .


I still gonna read Unravel Me since I already got the book.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post