book review

Through The Woods

10/24/2015




Title: 
Through The Woods

Author: 
Emily Carroll


★★
4.5 out of 5 stars


'It came from the woods. Most strange things do.'

Five mysterious, spine-tingling stories follow journeys into (and out of?) the eerie abyss.

These chilling tales spring from the macabre imagination of acclaimed and award-winning comic creator Emily Carroll.


Come take a walk in the woods and see what awaits you there...


Wow, seriously, wow! There are no words that can help me describe how much I loved Through the woods. I don’t know which aspect I liked better, if it was the beautiful pictures or the dark horrifying stories; but there is something about this book that makes it just so good.

We get 5 different dark, beautifully illustrated, faerie tale-esque stories, and even if all of them are related to the woods, they are all different from one another (illustration and/or storytelling), which make me like some of them better than the others; I just didn’t feel they all kept up. 

This book crept me out. Some of the stories deal with mundane emotions such as jealousy and envy in a very disturbing, haunting way. What made the stories horrifying was that they manage to stick with you; it is very unsettling, actually.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post