book review

Blue Lily, Lily Blue

10/31/2015



Title:
Blue Lily, Lily Blue
(Raven Cycle #3)

Author: 
Maggie Stiefvater

★★
4.5 out of 5 stars


There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.

Certainties can unravel.


This review contains spoilers regarding “The Dream Thieves” the 2nd book of the Raven Cycle. You’ve been warned.

So, after being disappointed about how slow the last book was, I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up Blue Lily, Lily Blue, such a remarkable book, I cannot praise it enough. It had everything I wanted, everything happened and I don’t know where to start.

Ok, first things first, the book starts few weeks after Blue’s mom goes missing, them trying to understand where she went and the boys still looking for Glendower. The story seriously picks up and many things start moving, somehow it felt more mystical.

Adam’s sacrifice finally means something, he starts playing his part and even though he appears to be more present in this book (more central) the book doesn’t feel as static as the last one, the character development was on point. We don’t get too much romance though, but to be totally honest, I don’t really care you see I want to know about the king and what will happen when he wakes up, I want to know whom is Blue’s father, I want to know what will Adam do when he finally finds out Blue and Gansey fell for each other, many things I want to know so the romance is not so important to me.

 This series just got my whole attention after being somehow disappointed with the second installment. And did I mention the ending? It got me like:



I need the next book and I need it now!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post