book review

Ignite Me

10/31/2015




Title: 
Ignite Me
(Unravel Me #3)

Author: 
Tahereh Mafi

☆☆☆
1.5 out of 5 stars


With Omega Point Destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.


This book (and whole series) was just not for me, I can’t with the main character, I can’t with the romance or the poorly and barely executed action, the overly whining heroine, the codependent romance, the soon to be psycho boyfriend or the abusive ex boyfriend. Ugh!

Nothing really happened, we just get more Juliette whining over everything or her just wanting to be intimate with Warner, no further explanation of what happened to the world, the plot felt absent (was there any plot to begin with?). And then there’s something else I felt more concerned about, did the author seriously manipulated me into liking Warner better than Adam? I mean, it is obvious he turned out to be an obnoxious threatening, abusive prick, when did that happen? The character totally changes with no previous warning, no hints were given and it felt so wrong. But not as wrong as Warner being a nice guy instead of a sociopath and Juliette just falling for this lost boy with puppy eyes that just wants to save his mother and to be loved.

I will try not to be so negative and say something nice: the secondary characters were good, I liked them, they were funny, smart, strong, and better than the main characters overall. Maybe it is because I disliked Juliette so much that I can say maybe a book about Kenji would have been X times better.

Now all I do is keep asking myself: Why? Why did I even buy this series? Or even better, why did I keep reading when I barely even liked the first book?


My overall rating for the whole series is 2 out of 5 stars, and part of me thinks that maybe I am being too generous, maybe I am.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post