top 5 wednesdays

T5W: Disappointing Eye Candy

1/27/2016

This week's T5W topic is a highly anticipated one for me, I have been disappointed several times by so many books, and not only because of the hype but because of their deceiving covers. Good covers are a selling point for me, I can only imagine how hard the designer in charge worked for it to be the best it could be, and I find it so difficult to believe there are so many good books out there with terrible covers that are not selling because their aesthetics is just not working for them while there are others that are just selling because they have the looks and not because of their content. So here are some of the books that I bought and read because of their covers and was highly disappointed with:



5. Entwined by Heather Dixon. I really like the treatment of this cover, the dress, the flowers, how pretty it looks on my bookshelf.
Book Review.
4. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. A book with books as its cover, how amazing is that? the photograph is absolutely breath-taking and makes me wish all my books looked like the ones in the picture.
3. The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. The fonts you guys, type arrangements are my absolutely favorite thing in the world, I love collecting fonts and the way the designer plays with them and adds the mythical creatures makes the covers perfection. This is the perfect example of covers accurately telling you what the book is about.
Book Review.
2. Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. When photoshop is flawlessly used. Compared to the first Shatter Me edition the covers absolutely upgraded, they are stunning.
Book Review.
1. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver. I don't know what it is about this cover that I love so much, maybe it is because it says a lot with so little, it is clean and the effect on the title's font says a lot.
Book Review.

Have you ever bought a book by its cover and have been disappointed by it? Which one is your favorite cover by a disappointing book? Have you ever felt deceived by a cover? Read you later.





*T5W was created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I also really didn't love Shatter Me although that cover is beautiful.
    If you are interested my T5W is here: http://powisamy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/top-5-wednesday-disappointing-eye-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful cover. Thank you for sharing your T5W, I will make sure to check it out.

      Delete

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post