anne bishop

Happy New Year 2016 & some book related things

1/01/2016


I can't believe a new year is starting, it was only a few months ago when I decided to focus more on doing the things I love, moved to a new place and opened this blog; and now a whole new year is ahead of us and many things are happening: book to movie adaptations, new books being published. and while some series are starting (I am so pumped to read Trutwitch by Susan Dennard) some others are ending (I am gonna be so pissed off if Gansey doesn't die). 

Last year I finally switched from physical to digital format and was able to acquire more books than I ever had (269 books in 7 months to be more precise), so that helped me with my reading by... a lot. No kidding, this year I was able to read 51 books, and 46 of those were ebooks, helping me surpass my reading challenge by 26 books. So here are my thoughts on what I read last year:

** Disclaimer: this list is based on my personal tastes, I have nothing against the authors or the people who like their work. We are all entitled to our own opinion**

Favorite book: Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop. It was such a fun read, it had puppies, magic, political ploys, and a growing romance... so good.
Least favorite book: Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver.  It was predictable, had several plot holes and the love triangle... ugh.
Favorite series: The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. I wasn't a fan until I started reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue, it was just so good, I couldn't help but fall in love with this series.
Least Favorite series: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. This series infuriated me, the heroine was so annoyingly weak, and I hated how the bad guy became a good guy by turning the main character's love interest into an ass, it felt like a slap on the face.
Most disappointing series: this one is a close call between Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo and The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. To me, the books weren't bad, but they weren't that good either,  I was expecting so much more out of them and was highly disappointed when I realized that it didn't matter how much I kept reading, they weren't getting any better.
Favorite new author: Elise Kova, author of the Air Awakens series. I loved both of her published books, and even though they follow the YA formula, they are addictive and kept me reading, and now I wonder what is gonna happen next?
Authors whose work I won't be reading any longer: Rainbow Rowell. I read two of her most popular books and just don't think she is the right author for me.

I am eager to start a new challenge and to be able to achieve my reading goals. Did you guys finish your reading challenge? Which books did you like the best and which ones did you hate the most? 
Happy reading.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post