top 5 wednesdays

T5W: Top 5 Books of the Year

12/31/2015



This year I managed to read 50 books, I know it is not a large number in comparison to some other bloggers, however, I am really proud of myself. Out of those 50 books, only a few got 5 stars from me, but I gotta tell you, I am pretty stingy with my stars, since I do not round up decimals -To me a 4.5 is a 4 not a 5, and nobody can convince me otherwise- so, many of the books listed below do not have a 5 star rating but I still enjoyed them thoroughly and consider them my top 5 books of the year. So let's begin!




5. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
This book reminded me of my SecondLife days, if they had gone "wild". Every single part of it was full of a mix of nostalgia and awesomeness, it made me think how much we depend on technology and made me wonder how the future generations are gonna be like. 
Full review.

4. The Martian by Andy Weir
This book managed to make me laugh -almost hysterically- I remember being on a bus with earphones on and just laughing so hard even the person who was sitting behind me asked me what I was reading since I looked to be really enjoying it, I was. I recommended this book to so many people and I am happy to know some of them are actually reading and enjoying this as much as I did.

3. Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle No. 3) by Maggie Stiefvater
I wasn't a big fan of the Raven Cycle and then this book happened; it hooked me up and suddenly I realized I was converted, it was just so good. I cannot wait for The Raven King, I am seriously counting the days for it. Gansey is going down! 
Full review.

2. Air Awakens series by Elise Kova
I cheated, I added two books of the same series here. Air Awakens and Fire Falling are the first two installments on the Air Awakens series, I had a hard time picking just one of the two books since I read one after the other and still need to make up my mind about which one I liked better. By the way, the ending on the 2nd book: What. Just. Happened?
Reviews coming up.

1. Vision in Silver (The Others No. 3) by Anne Bishop
Oh my, I just love this series so much, and this book... I love this book! It was all I wanted and more. All those political movements and plots against the Others, it is as if humans are begging for extinction. I highly recommend this series.
Full review.



Have you read any of the books listed above? Which one was your favorite book of the year? Did you like the quotes added to this post? I cannot wait for all the amazing books we will get to read on 2016, happy reading and happy new year!

*T5W was created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post