book vs movie

Book vs. Movie: Mockingjay Pt. 2

12/16/2015


For the past few weeks, I've been complaining to my family and friends about not having time for myself, I have been busy with work and running my society6 store, but it wasn't until last week that I realized Episode VII is almost here and I had yet to watch Mockingjay. So I decided to marathon the movies at the beginning of the week (I know, I should have marathoned the books instead) and finally went today. 

About the book: I must admit I didn't read the books until after the first movie was released, I highly enjoyed it and decided I would give the books a chance, I am so glad I did. I absolutely love this series, it is one of my favorites and even though I already had a preformed image of Katniss, she had her own voice in my head. 

To me, Mockingjay is the best book of the series, I know that many people hate it with passion, and I seriously don't know why, I cannot comprehend why would someone dislike this book, but if you want to know my reasons for loving it then let me explain them to you: Mockingjay is a complex book where we get to see how psychologically damaged the tributes are, kids that had to grow up too fast and too painfully, our main character, Katniss, is an example of that; she has to live with the consequences of killing others, has to face the fact she is the face of the revolution, a role she doesn't want to play and having lost the one person who completely understands her takes its toll on her. The Hunger Games was never really a love story, it was a story about oppression, the social and political conflicts are far more important and that in my opinion, made the story grow. In other words, this is not a happy book, this is a book about war.




About the movie: I really enjoyed hat Mockingjay Part 2, it was the perfect representation of the book, and even though at some point I felt it was a little slow and thought maybe having just one movie would have been better, I don't think I would have liked it as much as I did since I felt  it didn't really miss anything. The visual effects were amazing and also was the cast.

I still liked the book better and think that I wouldn't have had a deep understanding of the main character if I hadn't read the book first, thing that happened to me when I watched the Hunger Games: I had a hard time getting to like Katniss until I knew exactly what she was thinking, such a smart girl. So, if you haven't read the books yet I recommend you do, it doesn't matter if you watched the movies already, I can assure you are gonna like them better, you have my word.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post