top 5 wednesdays

T5W: Book Hangovers

3/02/2016


For anyone who doesn't know, a Book Hangover is the inability to start a new book because you are still living in the last book you read. So here is our Top 5 Book Hangovers:




· Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) by Laini Taylor
We’ve mentioned this before and we’ll say it again. The fantastic world-building combined with such an interesting main character and a major shock-and-awe moment at the end gave us the biggest Book Hangover ever! The only thing we could do was to stay in that universe and read the next book. We just couldn’t bring ourselves out of the daze.

· Vision in Silver (The Others #3) by Anne Bishop

By Gphx Geek
It’s not that this book had a shocking ending or a life-changing, soul-crushing moment that required me to take some time before I started the next book on my list. However, this series has a way of trapping me since the very first book. I also feel spoiled (in a good way) because the author offers a map on the first page so I know where I am at all times and it makes for a very immersive experience. Along with a really good plot-line and amazing character-development, after reading Vision in Silver I sort of fell into a major reading slump because no other story managed to capture my attention the way this one did. So, yeah, this one somehow caused a 5-month Book Hangover for me.

· Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling
By Miss Phi
I read the first book in the series over 16 years ago and I still can't help but come back to the fantastic world Rowling created over and over again, although it wasn't until I read the 7th and last book when I got the biggest hangover of my life. I remember being in college when this happened, I read the entire series 2 weeks before the release date and when I finally got the book in my hands I read it all in a day -trust me, I am not exaggerating-  and couldn't read anything else for over 6 months. I was stuck in this wonderful universe and anything else seemed to be so little when in comparison. 

· The Hunger Games / Catching Fire / MockingJay by Suzanne Collins
By Gphx Geek
Three for one, because that’s what happened. I made the mistake of watching the first movie before reading the first book but once I started reading The Hunger Games, I realized all of the details that were missing from the film that made this book so special and when I was done I just devoured Catching Fire and Mockingjay. So this is sort of a would-have-been Book Hangover had I not had the rest of the books available at the time. I know for a fact if I would have had to wait for Catching Fire and then again for Mockingjay, I would not have been able to read any other book in the meantime.

· Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle #1) by Christopher Paolini
By Miss Phi
I read this book when I was in Highschool, I remember watching an interview with Christopher Paolini on T.V. and asking my mom to buy this book for me as soon as I heard the word "Dragons", for you see I love fantasy and reading something written by someone so close to my age was extremely appealing. I loved the story in general, especially Saphira and her relationship with Eragon that I couldn't let this world go for so long, I remember anticipating with excitement the release of the second book, however, it took so long to be translated and published in my country that I eventually let it go. I still want to get back and finish the Inheritance Cycle, although part of me thinks I won't like it as much as I used to.

*T5W was created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post